Sunday, February 13, 2011

candy time!


To get my candy I decided to go to Party City because they have a HUGE selection of all sorts of candies. I was super excited to go, I mean, how often to you get five dollars and get told you need to buy candy with it? So on the way there I had no idea what I wanted so I was happy to have such a huge selection.
This is just before I started picking my candy. Just look at all those choices!!

I immediately saw some of my favorite mini chocolate bars and had a few of those.


I'm a huge fan of Junior Mints because of the cool, minty taste they leave after you've had a few. I'd never seen Junior Mints like this so I had to try these!








Another favorite of mine- Starburst! I love the sweet yet tangy flavor and texture of them. The colors always catch my eye as well.










 As soon as I saw they had Pop Rocks I couldn't resist. I vividedly remembered enjoying them as a child. The sweet taste and the feeling of the rocks 'popping' in my mouth and the sounds it made.








Look at all this stuff I got!!! Yay!







I shared some with my Mom in the car and we decided to save some for later :) 


After the trip I was really happy with my choices. I got all different types; chewy, crunchy, minty, chocolatey sour and sweet. It was a fun trip and my Mom and I both had a good time together. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us shopping with you!

    Think back to being at the shelf. What catches your attention, grabs your eye?

    Also, seems like you stuck with your favs or even brands from your past. How can a new brand break through and get you to try it? What would you find irresistible at the shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful things always catch my eye. Bright, bold colors give me a feeling and or hope that the candy will match the boldness of the packaging.

    I think for me I would definitely try something new if the presentation of the package was good.

    ReplyDelete